Perceptions of Pakistani Public About Transport and Transport Related Issues
The main findings of the report are as follows:
- Personal cars are a preferred means of transport by Pakistanis, as opposed to buses, rickshaws and trains.
- However, a very low percentage of Pakistanis own a personal car as a means of transportation; majority uses motorcycles or buses for day to day travel within the city.
- Public transport is widely used by Pakistanis; however majority reported to be dissatisfied with the quality of service in their area.
- Car hailing apps have recently gained popularity but usage still remains low.
- Use of CNG for transport has shown a sharp decline since 2008. Concurrently, petrol and diesel have gained popularity and are more widely used.
- Pakistanis show support for transport schemes initiated by the government of Nawaz Sharif; 44% in 2015 were of the opinion that it will have a positive effect on the economy.