Header image

62 percent of Pakistanis oppose an American presence in their country.

0

Others find reason to dismiss Ansary because recent events appear to refute his claims. Trouble with Pakistan? Apparently not, the military dictator has thrown his support behind us. However, Gallup Pakistan yesterday reported that 62 percent of Pakistanis oppose an American presence in their country. Actually, I’m optimistic about that: 38 percent are on our side, and of the other 62 percent, many are undoubtedly sympathetic but don’t want to risk a civil war. But many Pakistanis do hate us, and they tend to be concentrated in areas of the country that will be vital to U.S. military operations. We don’t have a single American soldier there yet, so it’s far too early to dismiss Ansary’s warning about Pakistan. However, it’s all to the good that we will base ourselves in Pakistan, in spite of the risks, because the real war against Osama bin Laden may end up being there rather than in Afghanistan. You don’t have to rely on Ansary to know that losing Pakistan to the dark side (140 million people plus nuclear weapons) would be a big blow to our being able to achieve our aims.

Source: http://www.holtuncensored.com/members/column267.html

Share.