Header image

A slim majority of Pakistanis (48%) is optimistic about the fairness of Election 2018; considerably lower than pre-2013 Election time.

0

According to a Gilani Research Foundation Survey carried out by Gallup & Gilani Pakistan, a slim majority of Pakistanis (48%) is optimistic about the fairness of Election 2018; considerably lower than pre-2013 Election time.

A nationally representative sample of men and women from across the four provinces was asked, “In your opinion, will the elections this year be fair, independent and free or is there a chance of rigging?” In response to this question, 48% said they will be fair, independent and free and 40% said there is a chance of rigging. 12% said they did not know.

The same question was also asked before election 2013. Responding to this, 61% said they will be fair, independent and free and 38% said there is a chance of rigging. 1% did not give a response. The comparison shows 11% increase in Pakistanis who are not sure as yet about electoral transparency, 13% reduction in people who expect free and fair election and 2% rise in people who expect election 2018 to be rigged.

Share.