Header image

A vast majority of Pakistanis (62%) claim that they have had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson (dars)

0

Islamabad, August 19, 2019

According to a Gilani Research Foundation Survey carried out by Gallup & Gilani Pakistan, a vast majority of Pakistanis (62%) claim that they have had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson (dars).

A nationally representative sample of men and women from across the four provinces was asked, “Have you ever had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson (dars)?” In response in 2019, 62% said that they had had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson, whereas 38% said that they had not had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson (dars).

More males claimed to have had the chance to participate in a Quran lesson as compared to females: Amongst males, 67% claimed to have had a chance of participation in a Quran lesson (dars) whereas 38% had not gotten a chance to participate in a Quran lesson. Amongst females, comparatively fewer had had the chance to participate in a dars as 54% responded with ‘Yes’ and 46% responded with ‘No’.

Share.