Header image

Education in Pakistan (Perceptions, Preferences and Problems)

0

Pakistan is the 6th largest country of the world with a population of approximately 174
million. 37% of Pakistani population is below 15 years of age. The literacy level in age 15
and above is 50%. This is 63% for males and 36% for the female population. (2005 estimate)
According to 2006 estimates, 2.6% of GDP is spent on education*.

There are total 251,134 educational institutions of all categories in the country. Out of these
71% are in public sector and remaining 29% in private sector. The total enrolment in all
categories of educational institutions for both public and private sectors is 36 million. The
total male enrolment is 20 million and female enrolment is 16 million**.

Share.