The main findings of the report are as follows:
- An overwhelming majority of Pakistanis (68%) follow local news closely.
- 62% Pakistanis claim that they follow news about their own country closely.
- Nearly half Pakistanis (46%) claim to follow international news.
- Indians (43%) and Pakistanis (42%) are almost at par when it comes to following news about the US.
- Two third Pakistanis (66%) opine it is never acceptable for a news organization to favor one political party over others when reporting the news.
- 3 in 5 Pakistanis (60%) believe news organizations in the country are doing well in reporting news accurately.
- 58% of Pakistanis are of this view that their media organizations are doing well at reporting news about government leaders and officials.
- In Pakistan, there is almost an even split between those who think the news media’s reporting on political issues is fair (48%) and not fair (47%).
- Approximately half of Pakistan (51%) believes the media is doing well when reporting the most important news.
Pew Research Center survey can be accessed here.