- 2 in 3 Pakistanis (64%) claim they are thinking (a lot or somewhat) about the upcoming General Election.
- 35% Pakistanis believe that Mian Nawaz Sharif’s removal as party president would not impact PML N vote bank, nearly equal proportion feel it would increase/decrease PML N vote bank.
- ALMANAC OF PUBLIC OPINION 2017
- 43% Pakistanis believe that creating new provinces would be good for Pakistan. 3 in 4 in KPK opine the same while 37% in Sindh opine differently.
- Television viewership in Pakistan: An average TV viewer spends two hours daily watching television; Viewership in larger cities 35% more than rural areas. TV viewership on a decline possibly due to people switching to mobile and internet.
- Corruption in Pakistan: 46% Pakistanis opine that the level of corruption in the country has hiked since the past one year.
- Political Interest: Males (31%) and Millennials (32%) claim to have greater interest in politics than average Pakistanis (28%).
- Nearly 1 in 2 Pakistanis (48%) opine that provincial shares of resources are distributed unjustly.
- Bahria University establishes endowment fund – Dr. Ijaz Gilani, Chairman Gallup Pakistan, among board of trustees.
- Nearly half Pakistanis (45%) believe dividing Punjab into further provinces would benefit the public. Punjab’s residents less enthusiastic.