After a year long hiatus, Gallup Pakistan is delighted to share the resumption of its monthly series on Talk Show Content analysis.
Political talk shows play an important role in creating awareness and shaping perceptions of its viewers. Therefore, it is imperative for them to be impartial to paint the true picture.
One interesting addition that we have made to this publication is the mapping of appearance of guests on the 10 talk shows. This is done to record any bias with respect to political contribution that may prevail in the media by inviting the same few faces over and over again.
Key Insights for December 2019:
- In the 10 talk shows analyzed during December 2019, PTI had the highest representation (26%), followed by PML (16%), and PPP (9%).
- The topic most discussed was ‘Politics’ (86%), followed by ‘Law’ (6%), and ‘Governance’ (4%).
- Fawad Chaudhry and Faisal Wada had appeared most frequently in all programs.
- Total number of unique guests was 208 whereas there were 483 repeated guests.
- Program with the highest number of repeated guests was Dunya Kamran Khan Kay Sath, with a total count of 82.