According to the GlobeScan Canada Study, 13% Pakistanis claim to have discussed the social and ethical behavior of companies many times with their friends and family; 35% claim to have discussed it a few times. The fieldwork for the survey in Pakistan was conducted by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association. This study was conducted in 24 countries, in which approximately 24000 randomly chosen men and women were asked a set of questions. The full report of this study can be requested from Gallup Pakistan.
A nationally representative sample of adult men and women, from across the four provinces was asked, “Over the past year, how frequently, if at all, have you discussed the ethical or social behaviour of companies with your friends or family members? Would that be ___ [Many times / A few times] over the past year?” In response, 13% said that they discussed it many times, 35% said that they discussed it a few times, 16% said they had discussed it at least once while 33% said they had not discussed it at all. 3% Pakistanis said they did not know or refused to answer. According to the average response across 23 countries, 20% people responded with ‘many times’ and 32% responded with ‘a few times’. In total, 4% less Pakistanis are reported to have discussed these issues as compared to the average statistic and Pakistan ranks 14 out of the 23 countries in claiming to have discussed them with friends/family.
When the same question was asked in other countries 19% of the Indians claimed to have discussed it many times and 23% claimed to have discussed it a few times (total 42%); 39% in the USA claimed to have discussed it many times and 35% claimed to have discussed it a few times (total 74%). Compared to Pakistan, 6% less Indians and 26% more people in the USA have discussed the social and ethical behavior of companies with their friends or relatives.